Re: drm / i915 performance problems

From: Niel Lambrechts
Date: Sat Aug 15 2009 - 09:14:27 EST

On 08/14/2009 11:10 PM, Knut Petersen wrote:
Fabio Comolli schrieb:
If I remember correctly the solution was to add this repository:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_11.1/

to the repository list and then perform an update. Sorry but I left
Opensuse some months ago and my memory isn't helping a lot...

Hope this helps. Regards,
Fabio

No, it does not help too much. I updated to the software provided there
and the result is a X server that crashes during startup ... :-(

I'm also a former OPENSUSE user and I also used the repository above, and had best success when I updated the packages by going into the view for the repository itself.

Perhaps try selecting the packages like that and also make sure you update all the DRM and Mesa packages.

Hope this helps.

Niel