Re: [patch 00/14] clocksource / timekeeping rework V3

From: john stultz
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 20:29:43 EST

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 17:40 +0200, Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
> Greetings,
> version 3 of the clocksource / timekeeping cleanup patches. As far as
> I'm concerned this is the final version, modulo bugs and review results.
> All the things I want to have in there are done.
>
> The latest additions are:
> 1) Change read_persistent_clock to return a struct timespec instead of
> an unsigned long with the number of seconds.
> 2) Introduce read_boot_clock to initialize wall_to_monotonic.
>
> The patch set is based on todays upstream tree plus the patches from
> the tip tree, if anyone wants to try them you need to pull from the
> master branch of
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-tip

So I got the patch queue up and running and it's functioning correctly
on the box I tested it with (although its not a super interesting box:
TSC is unstable and it only has ACPI PM).

Although I've not been able to test changing clocksources, I assume you
gave that a whirl? I'll test that as soon as I can get access to a TSC
friendly box.

Once the "cycles_last = 0" fix is in to make sure TSC boxes work, I
think this set should be ok to go in.

thanks
-john