Re: [Regression] PCI resources allocation problem on HP nx6325

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 14:20:02 EST

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Manuel Lauss wrote:

> > So this patch is not something that I'm going to apply to my tree, but
> > it's worth testing out to just verify that yes, I finally understand
> > exactly what's going on. Because if I'm right, your warning will now go
> > away (and it could be replaced by _other_ issues, of course ;).
>
> The warning is gone, and /proc/iomem is identical to 2.6.30.
> I'd say you've hit the nail on the head ;)

Ok, thanks.

I'm not going to do anything about it right now, since clearly we've not
changed any actual behavior from before. But if you remind me after 2.6.31
is out, I'll look at perhaps making a better "pci_claim_resource()" that
actually iterates over the different parent resources and doesn't just try
to find one (and then fail if that particular one doesn't work out).

Thanks,
Linus