Re: [RFC patch] init default dma_ops to prepare intel_iommu_init failure

From: Luming Yu
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 01:49:03 EST

>> This check can not be removed. Otherwise, swiotlb_dma_ops will always override
>> previous dma_ops value.
>
> Yeah.

I think pci_swiotlb_init needs to be cleaned up for both x86_{32,64} and ia64.
it should be used to init default dma_ops, and the call site of it should be
as early as platform_dma_init in mem_init. SInce swiotlb_dma_ops is pitched as
default dma_ops for x86, ia64, we really don't need to let pci_swiotlb_init
know iommu_deteced, dmar_disabled or iommu_passthrough...and anything
like that..
Please note the major wrong assumption of the current implementation is
"iommu_deteced == iommu working" that I was trying to fix.