Re: 2.6.30.1-4 kernels freezes dual pentium-3 system

From: Martin Rogge
Date: Sat Aug 08 2009 - 17:02:47 EST

On Saturday 08 August 2009 11:49:50 devzero@xxxxxx wrote:

> > Btw, since then there have been two more
> > reports on lkml of dual P2 systems locking up with 2.6.30++.
>
> could you send pointers?

Since I am not subscribed to the LKML (I only read it via a NNTP relay) I have
some difficulties providing IDs. Anyway, the subject of the reports I have in
mind is "PROBLEM: crash / hang with linux-2.6.30.x on PII-350 SMP system".

> any existing bugzilla bugentry for these or for your`s ?

Earlier today I filed bug 13933 on kernel.bugzilla. Unfortunately I had some
problems attaching all the files, so my earlier LKML post is still the best
source of information.

> > Network, sysrq and numlock are all unresponsive.
>
> ok, that`s why we need to have the last informations from before the dying
> breath...

agreed.

> btw, i one of your dmesg i found these:
>
> Aug 1 19:42:57 frya kernel: [...]

Again, that's someone else's report. Regarding clocksource, while I was trying
to hunt down this bug I once booted with "clocksource=acpi_pm" but it made no
difference. Truth be told, at that time I was still troubleshooting the
nvidia.ko driver.

Martin