Re: MMC: Make the configuration memory resource optional

From: Ian Molton
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 14:52:12 EST

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

I cant see _why_ this should be a problem, as this disables the card clock,
not HCLK. Could you debug further in tmio_mmc_clk_stop() please and see if
reordering only one of the two IO accesses cures this?

Not sure I understood the "reordering only one of the two IO accesses" correctly, but I swapped the two sd_ctrl_write16() calls in tmio_mmc_clk_stop() and no, it didn't cure the problem.

I meant can you reorder them so that only one or the other is after the reset. Thus eliminating one (perhaps) as the cause of the problem.

Does your chip actually use the tmio-type reset, or has it a hard reset line or something?

Also is your issue that the driver doesnt work, or that you cant access registers from something like userspace ?