Re: [RFC] Make AGP work with IOMMU

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 04:39:55 EST

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 14:50 +0800, Zhenyu Wang wrote:

> The commits on that tree looks fine to me. Thanks David!
> I've also done some testing on G45 here, I've also seen the write
> faults before graphics device init or after dma unmap pages. I tried
> to look it up in my memo, which turns out one message like this should
> be a BIOS bug that doesn't initialize the GTT table correctly. But I'm
> quite sure about it now, better to ask our chipset people to verify if
> this problem has been fixed or not.

Thanks. I've rebased the tree so that it isn't based on my other iommu
changes, which are largely irrelevant. Since the drm-2.6.git tree as
advertised in MAINTAINERS seems to be a pristine 2.6.29-rc2, I've done
it based on 2.6.31-rc5 instead.

Dave, please pull from
git://git.infradead.org/~dwmw2/iommu-agp.git

David Woodhouse (6):
agp: Switch mask_memory() method to take address argument again, not page
agp: tidy up handling of scratch pages w.r.t. DMA API
agp: Switch agp_{un,}map_page() to take struct page * argument
intel-agp: Move repeated sglist free into separate function
intel-agp: fix sglist allocation to avoid vmalloc()
agp: kill phys_to_gart() and gart_to_phys()

Zhenyu Wang (2):
agp: Add generic support for graphics dma remapping
intel_agp: Use PCI DMA API correctly on chipsets new enough to have IOMMU

arch/alpha/include/asm/agp.h | 4 -
arch/ia64/include/asm/agp.h | 4 -
arch/parisc/include/asm/agp.h | 4 -
arch/powerpc/include/asm/agp.h | 4 -
arch/sparc/include/asm/agp.h | 4 -
arch/x86/include/asm/agp.h | 4 -
drivers/char/agp/agp.h | 15 ++--
drivers/char/agp/ali-agp.c | 4 +-
drivers/char/agp/amd-k7-agp.c | 10 ++-
drivers/char/agp/amd64-agp.c | 7 +-
drivers/char/agp/ati-agp.c | 7 +-
drivers/char/agp/backend.c | 32 ++++++-
drivers/char/agp/efficeon-agp.c | 4 +-
drivers/char/agp/generic.c | 20 ++++-
drivers/char/agp/hp-agp.c | 8 +-
drivers/char/agp/i460-agp.c | 17 +---
drivers/char/agp/intel-agp.c | 167 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
drivers/char/agp/nvidia-agp.c | 2 +-
drivers/char/agp/parisc-agp.c | 12 +---
drivers/char/agp/sgi-agp.c | 8 +-
drivers/char/agp/sworks-agp.c | 10 ++-
drivers/char/agp/uninorth-agp.c | 2 +-
include/linux/agp_backend.h | 5 +-

David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx Intel Corporation