Re: Error mounting FC8 NFS server with 2.6.31-rc3 NFSv4 client.

From: Ben Greear
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 17:51:11 EST

On 07/21/2009 02:48 PM, Trond Myklebust wrote:

Note that there is a bug remaining inside nfs4_init_session(): we
shouldn't be copying the rsize/wsize into the nfs_client if the latter
was already initialised. I'm going to leave that for the moment, though,
since that bug wasn't introduced by my patch, and it doesn't affect
NFSv4.0.

With that patch applied, I now get the expected behaviour when mounting
a server with no NFSv4 root from a 2.6.31-rc3 based client:

root@heimdal:~# mount -t nfs4 munkholm.local:/ /mnt
mount.nfs4: mounting munkholm.local:/ failed, reason given by server:
No such file or directory

Trond

I just successfully tested it on my systems as well, so I think this
does indeed fix the problem.

Thanks!
Ben

--