Re: Error mounting FC8 NFS server with 2.6.31-rc3 NFSv4 client.

From: Ben Greear
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 12:49:19 EST

On 07/21/2009 05:15 AM, Trond Myklebust wrote:

What does /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery look like on the server?

The server was misconfigured, but I still think the client should
behave better in this case. If you cannot reproduce it, let me know
and I can try to be more specific. If you still want the v4recovery
information, let me know and I'll send it.

I had my /etc/exports looking like this on the file-server:

/export/tmp 192.168.100.0/24(rw)

When I changed it to be:
/export/tmp 192.168.100.0/24(rw,fsid=0)

And mounted 192.168.100.6:/ instead of 192.168.100.6:/export/tmp
then it mounts properly and appears to work just fine.

If I leave file-server configured properly with fsid=0, but try
to mount 192.168.100.6:/export/tmp then I get an error about
no such file or directory, which also appears to be correct
behaviour.

Thanks,
Ben

--