checkpatch whitespace

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 06:01:28 EST

Hi!

Checkpatch regulary complains about bad whitespace:

pavel@amd:/data/l/linux-msm/drivers/input/touchscreen$
../../../scripts/checkpatch.pl --file synaptics_i2c_rmi.c
ERROR: trailing whitespace
#245: FILE: synaptics_i2c_rmi.c:245:
+^Ipr_info("synaptics: version %x, product property %x\n", $

ERROR: trailing whitespace
#250: FILE: synaptics_i2c_rmi.c:250:
+static void compute_areas(struct synaptics_ts_data *ts,^I$

ERROR: trailing whitespace
#326: FILE: synaptics_i2c_rmi.c:326:
+^I^I^I -inactive_area_left, max_x + inactive_area_right, $

ERROR: trailing whitespace
#468: FILE: synaptics_i2c_rmi.c:468:
+^I^Ipr_err("synaptics: Unable to register %s input device\n", $

ERROR: trailing whitespace
#497: FILE: synaptics_i2c_rmi.c:497:
+^Ipr_info("synaptics: Start touchscreen %s in %s mode\n", $

total: 5 errors, 0 warnings, 635 lines checked

I don't think that a bit of trailing whitespace hurts that much (it is
very easy to create when fixing overly long lines, another checkpatch
complain), and at least akpm autofixes the whitespace, anyway, but...

Would it be possible to add autofixing to checkpatch? Fixing
whitespace issues by hand is useless & boring task...
Pavel