Re: No UDMA with BLK_DEV_IT821X with 2.6.30.2

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 19:47:11 EST

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:03:22 -0500
Dwayne Rightler <drightler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a ITE8212 PCI card and it does not seem to allow UDMA on the
> drives attached. The drives run at ATA100 under other controllers.

The old IDE driver support for IT821x has been somewhat broken for some
time. The drivers/ata (libata) driver should handle it fully. In smart
mode it's "IDE-ish" and the old IDE code really isn't flexible enough to
cope. With the "ATAPI BIOS" its a fairly normal controller so both drivers
ought to work.