Re: Linux 2.6.30.2: does not boot

From: Marcel Beister
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 16:35:22 EST

> Built 2.6.30.2 but it hangs when booting immediately after the message:
>
> Booting the kernel.
>
> I built it with gcc version 4.3.3 on debian/sid and used exactly the
> same .config as I used with 2.6.32.1 (ok, + "DEFAULT_MMAP_MIN_ADDR 4096"
> which didn't exist before).
>
> Regards,

Hi,

I had the same problem this weekend and I also checked various configurations,
but actually this is a problem with binutils_2.19.51.20090714-1.

I found the following bug report for binutils which exactly described my problem:

I downgraded binutils to the testing version (binutils_2.19.1-1) and the kernel
booted without any problems. I did this for 2 other machines and they all
rebooted with the sid version and they all booted fine with the testing version.

--
Marcel