Re: [Fwd: Re: RFC for a new Scheduling policy/class in theLinux-kernel]

From: James H. Anderson
Date: Thu Jul 16 2009 - 15:19:24 EST

Hi Raj,

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009, Raj Rajkumar wrote:

non-preemptive critical section. In addition, we could allow mutexes to either pick basic priority inheritance (desirable for local mutexes?) or the priority ceiling version (desirable for global mutexes shared across processors/cores).

This discussion when I entered it was about using global scheduling
in Linux (not partitioning), so that's what I thought the focus of the
discussion was. What's the definition of a local mutex in that case?
And how do you use ceilings under global scheduling?

Thanks.

-Jim