Re: deterministic scsi order with async scan

From: david
Date: Thu Jul 16 2009 - 14:31:47 EST

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:23:45AM -0700, david@xxxxxxx wrote:
hmm, in that case how can I troubleshoot why this system is detecting the
two different PCI-E cards in different orders on different boots.

I don't know. Are the cards actually being detected in a different
order, or are the Linux drivers being bound to them in a different order?

I don't know, the end result is that what device is scsi1, scsi2 is sometimes different when the machine boots. unfortunantly when they show up in the wrong order the system can't find it's boot drive

I guess that the fact that the bios is finding lilo and lilo is finding the kernel to try to boot is probably indicating that the hardware is being detected in the same order.

Are you using modules or are these drivers built-in?

built-in