Re: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 1.6.4.rc1

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Jul 16 2009 - 02:47:28 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
I want to publish this tree to the world via a *.kernel.org-like system, so my task is to

scp -r /spare/repo/cld/.git remote.example.com:/pub/scm/cld.git

but if I do this with scp, then future pushes to remote.example.com:/pub/scm/cld.git emit the warning about updating the currently checked-out branch -- even though there are no checked-out files. The checked-out files were not copied in the scp.

IOW -- do I just edit the config for this case too, or is there some 'git clone --bare' magic that can work across ssh, as shown above?

It is easy to clone -from- a remote, but not so easy to clone -to- a new, bare remote.

Jeff