Re: Linux kernel mailing list and offer for forum hosting

From: Matthias Schniedermeyer
Date: Tue Jun 30 2009 - 17:52:30 EST

On 30.06.2009 14:05, Joe moo wrote:
> Hello, I have used Linux for over a year and I thought up a way to
> contribute. I have noticed the Linux site kernel.org does not have a
> forum... so I would like to offer free forum hosting on my site email
> me for details. please don't consider this spam I only want to help.

To make this short, this is more or less a FAQ that comes up every now
and then.

The former threads can be summarized along this line:
- It's intentional
- The mailling-list model works just fine
- It would only serve to fragment the people.
- Some people just don't like forums

And there are enough forums in existence already, no need for YAF.

Bis denn