Re: 2.6.31-rc1: parisc: multiple PCI BAR collisions

From: Grant Grundler
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 13:03:22 EST

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:58:22PM +0400, Alexander Beregalov wrote:
> Hi
>
> Hardware is HP j6000.
> It cannot initialize many PCI devices (sym53c8xx, tulip, STI,
> usb(onci)) and cannot boot (no root device).
> Messages like this:
> sym53c8xx 0:0:0f.0: device not available because of BAR 1 [0xf4005000
> - 0xf40053ff] collisions.

Yup - I found that out yesterday too. Console output is here:
http://iou.parisc-linux.org/~grundler/console/j6000-2.6.30-parisc_2.6_parenting_failed-01
http://iou.parisc-linux.org/~grundler/console/j6000-2.6.30-parisc_2.6_parenting_failed-02

but in an IRC conversation it' clear I only dumped the "elmmio" and not
the regular "lmmio" resource request. Need to dump both.

I'm pretty sure this is a problem of the root bus resources not getting
setup correctly. I'm not clear on what's wrong. jejb and willy are looking
at it now as well.

thanks,
grant