Re: Kernel hard_start_xmit performance vs SOCK_RAW performance

From: Peter Chacko
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 10:48:11 EST

Did you try using PACKET socket interface from your module ?
(essentially as fast as hard-start-transmit() path ...there will be
tools that can be used for this purpose....I am not sure of any such
tool though...:-) you need to skip the scheduling (qdiscs) path also..

I think, Linux-net mailing list would be more appropriate to have this
discussion.

Thanks,
Peter

NetDiox computing systems