Re: [RFC,PATCH 2/2] change __wake_up_parent() to use filtered wakeup

From: Roland McGrath
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 05:48:14 EST

Looks good, I'm glad to see this revived.

I note that even simpler than eligible_child() is just:

if ((wo->wo_flags & __WNOTHREAD) && wo->child_wait.private != p->parent)
return 0;

IIRC that is the test that Ratan's original patch used to address the
particular application usage that first troubled him. But probably this
is already what you meant by "more clever later" (and ->parent is perhaps
not right in all cases there).

Your two patches as they are look safe and useful to me and I hope they can
go in soon.

Thanks,
Roland