Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: davidb
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 12:22:26 EST

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:05:50AM -0700, Brian Swetland wrote:

> I suspect it wouldn't be hard to just get something like a full
> arm-debian distribution booting, but that's not something I've ever
> tried.

We built a userspace around ptxdist. We're still in the process
of releasing it, but part of it is at
<https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/le/>

The Android busybox
<http://benno.id.au/blog/2007/11/14/android-busybox> mostly
works. The poster doesn't seem to provide source, even though
busybox requires modification to build for Android (although not
much).

The tricky part about something like arm-debian is storage. You
might be able to stick an ext2 on an microSD card, but obviously
that's only going to work once the SD driver is functioning. The
phone targets don't generally have ethernet ports on them.

David