Re: [GIT PULL v2] Early SLAB fixes for 2.6.31

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 07:39:17 EST

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 01:28:28PM +0200, Nick Piggin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 01:22:05PM +0200, Nick Piggin wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 08:39:48PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > But I won't live with having it shit in our nice core code...
> > Well, at least I won't throw up my hands and give up this
> > early.
>
> Just the principle, btw.

I have the same opinion for suspend/resume too, although
in that case I know less about the issues and if we
found that it indeed does make a random driver writers
life easier[*] then it might be a reason to do this. But
I still don't think that would give boot code a license to
just revert back to "I don't know or care, GFP_KERNEL pelase"

[*] and note that being unaware of your context I don't
think is making life easier automatically.