Re: 2.6.{28,30} Keyboard not working on oldish machine

From: Ozan ÃaÄlayan
Date: Sat Jun 13 2009 - 18:54:33 EST

Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got an old Pentium 90 machine that's been running a 2.4.x
> kernel for a long time, seems to work OK on a 2.6.18 kernel
> but doesn't seem to like anything newer.
>
> 2.6.30 no keyboard - but otherwise OK
> 2.6.28 no keyboard - but otherwise OK
> 2.6.26 reboots just after parsing ELF (maybe one more line)
> 2.6.25 reboots almost immediately
> 2.6.18 works OK

I'm having that weird problem on one of my computers too, I've reported
it here but then I started to blame my mainboard and BIOS because I
can't even boot into 2.6.25 which I was using months ago without an
issue. My keyboard stops working just after the parport* modules are
plugged. I really wonder what will happen if you blacklist lp, ppdev,
parport and parport_pc modules.

Thanks,