PCIe interface memory memory mapping issue

From: Sanka Piyaratna
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 08:30:36 EST

Hi,

I have developed a PCI express interface using Xilinx ML555 hardware module. I have implemented Linux kernel mode device drivers and everything works correctly as long as I am using the device within a computer with dual channel DDR arrangement. However, as soon as I pug this device into a core i7 or an older single channel DDR machine, the interface memory mapping does not work any more. As if the register map with in the device does no longer exsists. However, "lspci" utility provides correct information. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the number of DDR memory channels the motherboard has or why that would be a problem for PCI express device. However, this seem to be the common link between the machines that demonstrate this issue.

Could some one please let me know if you have ever experience this kind of problem before and/or any ideas to fix this problem?

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Sanka

Need a Holiday? Win a $10,000 Holiday of your choice. Enter now.http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJxN2x2ZmNpBF9zAzIwMjM2MTY2MTMEdG1fZG1lY2gDVGV4dCBMaW5rBHRtX2xuawNVMTEwMzk3NwR0bV9uZXQDWWFob28hBHRtX3BvcwN0YWdsaW5lBHRtX3BwdHkDYXVueg--/SIG=14600t3ni/**http%3A//au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/creativeholidays/*http%3A//au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/%3Fp1=other%26p2=au%26p3=mailtagline