Re: [GIT PULL] Performance Counters for Linux

From: David Newall
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 15:37:44 EST

Sorry, Linus, for the duplicate post.

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> > I'm saying that if there's a big overlap with _kernel_ developers
> > (which there is), then they can maintain the tree.

Are you suggesting that maintaining it as a separate application is
harder for them? As previously observed, the user-space stuff is quite
divorced from the hardware; and it's intended audience is user-space
developers and administrators. Did I miss something? (Obviously I didn't
miss that your decision has already been made.)