Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: Ben Dooks
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 13:11:21 EST

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:37:40AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Thu 2009-06-11 00:02:19, David Miller wrote:
> > From: Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:48:52 +0100
> >
> > > In short not as far as I know, and I'm very disappointed with the state
> > > of affairs with google.
> >
> > And of course, this whole android situation has absolutely nothing to
> > do with how much of a pain in that ass you are to deal with as ARM
> > maintainer.
>
> Well, linux-arm-devel being subscribers-only and patch management
> system that needs special headers certainly does not help here :-(.

And subscribing to a mailing list is so hard to do?

I'd point out that the patch tracker has been around for a long time,
and has done a great job of keep track of patches. The couple of extra
(well documented) lines is worth it to give extra data about how the
patch was created.

--
Ben (ben@xxxxxxxxx, http://www.fluff.org/)

'a smiley only costs 4 bytes'