Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: Nicolas Pitre
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 12:57:54 EST

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Kevin Hilman wrote:

> Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 01:54:42PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> >> Make your tree the core ARM code only, any other patches you don't
> >> accept. Aggressively push stuff out to platform code, and if people want
> >> to change core code "because our platform is different" make them extract
> >> it into the platform layer not carry it in the core bits.
> >
> > I'm all for giving this a try after this merge window is over.
>
> Speaking as maintainer of one ARM subarch (davinci) and active
> contributor to another (OMAP), I would gladly give this a try as well.

Speaking as maintainer of a couple other ARM subarchs (Orion, Kirkwood,
MV78xx0, ...) I would gladly accept full responsibility (and blame) for
them as well. I think Russell could avoid astraining to himself full
review for every patch concerning those that I send his way, and merely
look at the diffstat to be sure I'm not crapping onto the core ARM code.
Linus certainly doesn't do much more than that on his end already.

It's been a couple merge windows now that RMK started accepting git pull
requests from a couple people in addition to his patch system, and that
has worked pretty well overall.

Nicolas