Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: Russell King - ARM Linux
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 07:06:00 EST

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 03:47:32AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 03:44:21 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > It's not like this was stated on a public mailing list or on some
> > public web site. It was IRC for heaven's sake.
>
> And BTW something you said in the same IRC arena shortly
> thereafterwards:
>
> <rmk> in hind sight, xxxxxxx was effectively right when he said on here a while ago
> <rmk> 22:34 <xxxxxx> jejb: google also just pretty much threw their ARM code over the wall and disappeared
>
> There you are quoting this person, the same way you are quoting him
> here and demeaning him in this very email thread.
>
> And yet there you are agreeing with him.
>
> You're such a hypocrite Russell.

I'm sorry, that's the precise same channel and network which those
comments were first made by the person who made them.

And now read precisely what I said rather than twisting it to your own
agenda.

Particularly the bit where I wrote "in hind sight". There's lots of
things everyone would do differently if they knew what happens in the
future. Unfortunately, we live in a causal universe where we can't
predict with certaintly what will happen.

At the time the comments were first made, Brian _was_ making an effort,
and the comments seemed to be unfounded accusations.