Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: David Miller
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 06:44:31 EST

From: Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:34:57 +0100

> Around the time of their second submission, someone who used to be more
> active in the ARM community started making accusations against Google
> for "throwing their code over the wall and disappearing" and "claiming
> that their code is on kernel.org now". They went on to say (and I'm
> quoting) "i don't think they give a shit about what you or i have to
> say about it".
>
> Having dealt with Brian's kernel submissions and provided feedback on
> them, I took issue with those comments because that wasn't how I (or even
> akpm) saw the situation. The result of that was the person making those
> accusations fell out with me.

You should give full disclosure and say where and in what context
those statements were made.

They were made in IRC and people say all kinds of random things on IRC
when they're in a foul mood, are piss drunk, or simply got up on the
wrong side of the bed that day.

It's not like this was stated on a public mailing list or on some
public web site. It was IRC for heaven's sake.

And then then YOU took it to private email with various people.

And it's a certainty that you're volatile way of interacting with
people does nothing to help in situations like that. I can just
imagine how you handled discussing things with that person at that
moment in time, and how things likely escalated because of your
attitude problem.