Re: [GIT PULL] Early boot SLAB for 2.6.31

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 17:11:46 EST

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Molnar wrote:
What kind of conflicts are there against -tip? The diffstat suggests it's mostly in-SLAB code, right? There shouldnt be much to conflict, except kmemcheck - which has more or less trivial callbacks there.
The conflicting bits are the patches that remove bootmem allocator uses in arch/x86 and kernel/sched.c.
Give me an hour and i'll get some minimal testing done.

This tree doesnt conflict (not even with kmecheck) - and the older bits you sent against the scheduler and against x86 doesnt apply anymore - but they do look scary.

Btw, yeah, it doesn't conflict because I dropped the problematic patches and did the bootmem fallback instead.

But now you know why I tried to push all this to -tip. Your tree is moving so fast that it's difficult to generate patches that apply to both, -tip and mainline, in this particular area :-).

Pekka