Re: [git pull] IDE fixes

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Sun Jun 07 2009 - 13:53:03 EST

On Sunday 07 June 2009 18:54:08 Pekka Enberg wrote:
> Hi Bartlomiej,
>
> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
> <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Honestly, this should be solved on technical basis by somebody posting
> > needed libata patches instead of attempts to slow down IDE fixes.
>
> Nobody is "slowing down" IDE fixes here. Linus explicitly said that
> -rc8 is the last release candidate and the next one is going to be
> -final. There's absolutely _no way_ this series is appropriate at the
> very end of a release cycle.

My honest opinion is that it is as appropriate now as it will be 2.6.31.

[ I'm still amazed by the amount of *completely* bogus reasons given for
not merging it. ]

However it sure can wait, no big deal (though I still think that it was
worth to try to get it in and not make users wait another few months).

I'll let Linus decide and revise pull request if necessary.