Re: Intel 915GM MCHBAR bug

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Sat Jun 06 2009 - 02:41:43 EST

Hi Andrew,

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 09:14:41 +0300 Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wanna show us the patch?

Because the world could certainly do with more i915 bugfixes :(
Here is Jesse's patch from http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2009-January/001186.html adopted for 2.6.30-rc8... (needed to redo hunk #3 for i915_gem_tile.c)
Yup. I took the two patches from here:

and did the same rediffing on top of 2.6.30-rc8 for the first one.

Andrew, do you want me to forward you the (tested) patches or should we wait for Jesse et al to take care of it?

Yes, please send them out.

OK, I did that. I am bit unhappy that I had to do it, though. The patch dates back to January (!) and Ubuntu folks have been carrying it for a while now.

Looking at the amount of reports out in the wild (on Ubuntu forums, etc.), I really don't understand why this wasn't submitted earlier. Instead, the bug was flagged with low priority because it's "just a performance problem." Considering the system is more or less unusable for me, I obviously think it's a critical bug fix.

Andrew Morton wrote:
These might end up being 2.6.30.1 material.

Yes, agreed completely. We probably want ACK from Jesse and Bjorn, though.

Pekka