Fwd: Segmentation Fault with Linux Kernel 2.6.29

From: saurabh chokshi
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 - 18:58:33 EST

Hello,

Recently I have upgrade my Linux machine from kernel 2.6.26 to
2.6.29.4. After successful upgrade, I am getting couple issues with
kernel 2.6.29.

1. Whenever I use yum application, it gives segmentation fault. For
Example, "yum --help".

2. I use passwd command, it gives the segmentation fault after t.

[saurabh@CentOS ~]$ passwd
Changing password for user saurabh.
Segmentation fault

3. After booting, whenever I am trying to login through terminal, the
system ask for login id. After entering login id, it again prompts to
login id instead of password.

As of now, I found these many issues. It could be more than that.

All the above issues are not exist with linux kernel 2.6.26.

Could anyone help me out to resolve these issues?

Best Regards,