Re: [Patch 1/2] kbuild: two trivial fixes for check headers

From: Amerigo Wang
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 22:03:30 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:
Rightfully is does...
But is think it is a prototype of a function.

But think about it - it does not makes sense to have an
extern declarationof a variable in an exported header.
There is no way that userspace can access this variable
from user-space and therefore the declaration of the variable
needs to be moved to a kernel-only header file.

Agree, then the script looks wrong. I will fix it.

So if you touch this I would ask you not to consider a single line
in jffs-user.h - but rather take a critiacal look at the whole
file and fix any issues there is.
And then to send it to the mtd people (dwmw2).
I did not look at the file but just looking at yout patch
the "undef jemode_to_cpu" looks fishy in an exported header.

Hmm, after googling a bit, I got this patch:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/26224/

So I won't touch this.

Thanks.