Re: Linux 2.6.30-rc8 [also: VIA Support]

From: Michael S. Zick
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 11:41:32 EST

On Thu June 4 2009, you wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> >
> > Well, that one isn't anything to brag about"
>
> So what's the problem on that machine? Is the VIA C7-M (or some random
> device in it) just buggy and it eventually hangs, or what? Has _any_
> kernel ever worked on that machine for longer than an hour or two?

It is not (directly) the C7-M - it might be the chipset CX700.

I have a small pool (5 or so actively reporting) testers -

On the Everex Cloudbook (C7-M/CX700) I have gotten a record
of 4h45 minutes of up-time on some, locally patched, builds.
The same is reported on other Everex Cloudbooks.

On the Sylvania gBook (also C7-M/CX700) the user reports
10s of minutes as their record up-time.

H.W. got hold of one of the companies demo-boards but I
haven't heard back from him yet on his experiences.

On the HP-2133 (C7-M/CN896) the uptime is unknown - -
only greater than 12 hours (it has never/ever deadlocked).

I also have a couple of technical questions pending
with H.W. for the silicon grower's department.
No response yet.

- - - -

But you asked for "testing" - hence this post.

Mike