Re: include/linux/aio_abi.h and IOCB_CMD_POLL

From: Davide Libenzi
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 11:25:53 EST

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Miklos Szeredi <miklos@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 04 Jun 2009, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> >> 3) Are there any alternatives to libaio that don't use threads and
> >> support polling?
> >
> > There are the poll, select and epoll interfaces that block, but are
> > able to multiplex events from many file descriptors.
>
> Unfortunately libaio does not use an fd to pass events between user
> and kernel space so one can't use poll, select or epoll to wait for
> /dev/fuse or libaio to have some work pending. And none of them
> replace libaio functionality in respect to read/write.

You can use the eventfd bridge between epoll/poll/select and AIO, that is
available by quite some time.
This is an old example I made when the patch was posted:

http://www.xmailserver.org/eventfd-aio-test.c

This uses direct syscall interface, but you get the idea on how to do that
with libaio (that I never used).

- Davide