Re: http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/26483/ broke my system boot

From: lkml
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 08:19:30 EST

Hi Balbir,

Even when I do a native compile things look good to me.

make v=1 INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/tmp modules_install

INSTALL arch/x86/crypto/aes-i586.ko
INSTALL arch/x86/crypto/salsa20-i586.ko
INSTALL arch/x86/crypto/twofish-i586.ko
INSTALL arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko
... and so on until the end.

Is the depmod in your default path /sbin/depmod or something else?

Do you have the environment variable DEPMOD defined?

Do you see any errors when you do make modules_install with my patch?

Regards,

Robert