Re: linux-next: Tree for June 3 (driver core)

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 17:29:27 EST

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 08:50:10AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Looks like a real rush since -rc7 ...
>

> drivers/built-in.o: In function `register_mem_sect_under_node':
> (.text+0x1d305b): undefined reference to `sysfs_create_link_nowarn'
>

> I can't find this function's implementation when CONFIG_SYSFS=y.

Ah, it looks like this shows up when CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG_SPARSE is
set.

Eric, your patch, "sysfs: Remove now unnecessary error reporting
suppression." caused this. Turns out it is still used in the tree, and
you forgot to remove the function from sysfs.h at the same time.

I'm going to drop it, and the other two patches I took from you for
sysfs, as it doesn't make sense to have them in the tree yet.

Care to rework your series with this fixed?

thanks,

greg k-h