Re: ACPI Exception (evregion-0422): AE_ERROR, Returned by Handler for [PCI_Config] [20090320]

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 03:23:45 EST

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 07:11:41PM -0700, Justin Mattock wrote:
>
>> alright(Ill have to do that when I get a chance)
>> As for the error message after looking into it more today
>> I notice this message fired off as soon as I compiled
>> and loaded the nvidia module.
>
> It looks like the nvidia driver is triggering an evaluation of the _PS0
> method on your graphics hardware. This ought to just power up your
> hardware. In the process it's trying to write to PCI configuration
> space, and some kind of error is being generated as a result - the debug
> output doesn't obviously make it possible to work out what.
>
> If your graphics hardware still works then it's not an issue, but
> there's the possibility that this is a Linux bug which might generate
> real problems in some other situation.
>
> --
> Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

right now with 2.6.30-rc7(I'll have to load
*-rc8 in the next few days)
Everything seems to be running o.k.
(even with this error message)
under nvidia-settings the temperature
is at a comfortable number.

There is some issues when watching
movies on certain sites(but I think this is gtk+
related)
As for the kernel, I didn't check to see is acpi's video module
is loading or built-in(will look when I get a chance),
quit possibly causing some interference.
(but probably not)

In any case my main concern with the gpu is
to make sure that the temp stays at a good level,
and so far It has.

--
Justin P. Mattock