Kernel 2.6.30rc7 limits IDE to UDMA33

From: Grozdan
Date: Tue Jun 02 2009 - 18:25:30 EST

Hi,

I gave today kernel 2.6.30rc7 a spin on my Athlon 64 system and it
seems there's yet again a problem with libata limiting IDE disks to
UDMA33 since it thinks that the cable is only 40 wires. My distro
kernel which is 2.6.27.21 does not have this problem and correctly
sets my disks to UDMA133. I googled around and it seems in the past
this was a known problem for some kernels. Any suggestions? :)

Please cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list