Re: [LIBERTAS-SDIO] Support for single transfer blocks?

From: Luis Galdos
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 05:53:47 EST

Dan Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 23:11 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
Let's Cc the wireless development list.

And lets CC the MMC subsystem maintainer and original author of libertas_sdio too, so
we can get an informed opinion :)

What firmware version are you using?
The installed firmware version is 9.70.3p24 (downloaded from the Marvell's website).

What SDIO controller is this? Has this controller been validated by Marvell for use
with the 8686? (not that that is required or anything, just curious).
The uC is from Digi (NS9215) and its SDIO-port hasn't been validated by Marvell.

All the information I have (up to firmware V10) references a block size of 32 bytes.
The main firmware is transferred in 32-byte blocks using CMD 53, with a maximum number
of 16 blocks transferred in a single CMD 53 write depending on how much data the helper
firmware can accept in single write. The available vendor drivers also use a 32-byte
block size.
That's right. I only was surprised that the SD8686 accepts data blocks of 512 bytes in a single transfer too. This is just nice for SDIO-ports that only support single blocks :) (like the NS9215). Anyway, Pierre has informed me that the SD8686 has need of multiple blocks support, and the NS9215 doesn't. So, the problem is the controller.

Dan

Thanks and sorry for the delayed answer (I was on vacations),

--
Luis Galdos