Re: [BUG] 2.6.30-rc4: Kernel BUG under network load with gianfar

From: Andy Fleming
Date: Fri May 22 2009 - 13:19:25 EST

On May 22, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Michael Guntsche wrote:

Something like the patch below would fix it.

Let me know when a final, tested, version of this patch is available
and please make sure it makes it to netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can confirm that Lennert's patch fixes my panic problems here. After applying it, my connection has been rock solid and I no longer get any kernel panics.
That said, I think the final descision if this patch should go in like it is now has to be made by Andy Fleming since he wrote the initial code.

I'm working (admittedly fairly slowly) on a patch that resets the pointers so they don't get moved twice. That way we can continue to benefit from recycling the error skbs.