Re: 2.6.30-rc kills my box hard - and lockdep chains

From: Jonathan Corbet
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 15:02:57 EST

On Sat, 16 May 2009 16:14:19 -0700
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So the lockup isn't due to lockdep.

It is not; I turned on lockdep in an attempt to track down the problem.

> Did you try all the usual sysrq-P, nmi-watchdog stuff?

Yep. But I've never been able to get a response out of the system when
this kind of thing happens.

> Is netconsole enabled, to see if it squawked as it died?

That I do not have; worth trying.

One interesting thing of note: I was reliably getting about one lockup
per day. Until I turned on lockdep. It's been 4-5 days now with
no repeats of the problem. I have no idea if it's coincidental or if
there is a real correlation there.

jon