Re: 2.6.30-rc deadline scheduler performance regression for iozone over NFS

From: Jeff Moyer
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 10:16:49 EST

Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 15:11 -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 11:00 -0400, Jeff Moyer wrote:
>> > Sorry for the previous, stupid question. I applied the patch in
>> > addition the last one and here are the results:
>> >
>> > 70327
>> > 71561
>> > 68760
>> > 69199
>> > 65324
>> >
>> > A packet capture for this run is available here:
>> > http://people.redhat.com/jmoyer/trond2.pcap.bz2
>> >
>> > Any more ideas? ;)
>>
>> Yep. I've got 2 more patches for you. With both of them applied, I'm
>> seeing decent performance on my own test rig. The first patch is
>> appended. I'll send the second in another email (to avoid attachments).
>
> Here is number 2. It is incremental to all the others...

With all 4 patches applied, these are the numbers for 5 runs:

103168
101212
103346
100842
103172

It's looking much better, but we're still off by a few percent. Thanks
for the quick turnaround on this, Trond! If you submit these patches,
feel free to add:

Tested-by: Jeff Moyer <jmoyer@xxxxxxxxxx>

Cheers,
Jeff