splice methods in character device driver

From: Steve Rottinger
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 11:06:24 EST

Hi,

Has anyone successfully implemented the splice() method's in a character
device driver?
I'm having a tough time finding any existing drivers that implement
these method's, which
I can use as an example. Specifically, it is unclear to me, as to how I
need to set up .ops
in the splice_pipe_desc, when using splice_to_pipe().
My ultimate goal is to use splice to move data from a high speed data
acquisition device,
which has a buffer in PCI space to disk without the need for going
through block memory.

Thanks,

-Steve