Re: [GIT PULL] Btrfs updates for 2.6.30-rc

From: Jeff Chua
Date: Fri May 08 2009 - 05:22:37 EST

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Chris Mason <chris.mason@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The master branch of:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-unstable.git
>
> Has a few btrfs bug fixes, performance fixes and a few cleanups.  The
> highlights are some code from Josef Bacik to for metadata block group
> preallocation, which will help cut down on the chances of metadata
> enospc.

Chris,

Any chance to create a btrfs partition less than 256MB? I'm looking at
using btrfs when it's stable enough for all partitions rather than
some btrfs and smaller ones non-btrfs. Currently, reiserfs/reiser4
supports smaller than 100MB which is good for testing.

in btrfs-progs-0.18/mkfs.c ...
if (block_count < 256*1024*1024) {
fprintf(stderr, "File system size "
"%llu bytes is too small, "
"256M is required at least\n",
block_count);
exit(1);
}

Also, would it be possible when creating a 300MB partition for "df" to
display "50MB free" instead of "300MB free"?

Thanks,
Jeff.