Re: [Bug #13112] Oops in drain_array

From: Bart
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 09:05:51 EST

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Christoph Lameter wrote:

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Bart wrote:

Apr 27 16:57:30 fs kernel: [ 96.446708] slab error in verify_redzone_free():
cache `size-128': memory outside object was overwritten

Allright so a write after or before a 128 byte kmalloc object. Can
you switch to the SLUB allocator so that we can get memory dumps of
the corruption which will help to diagnose this further?

After switching to SLUB I had a complete hard freeze when trying to reproduce the error. I've got a photo of the screen but I dont know if it is usefull so I did not copied it to txt:

http://bz.riz.pl/IMAG0032.jpg

--
Regards
Bart mmx@xxxxxx