Re: Patch to add mioa701 glue for voltage regulation

From: Liam Girdwood
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 06:38:21 EST

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 09:13 +0800, Eric Miao wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 5:11 AM, Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarzmik@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Liam Girdwood <lrg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> If fine with this going through regulator providing I get an ACK from
> >> Eric.
> >
> > Eric,
> >
> > Since Liam took the max1586 regulator through his tree, would you state if you
> > ack that please ?
> >

> I'd really be happy to. However, my concern is that this patch modifies
> arch/arm/mach-pxa/mioa701.c _only_, so it would be better to go through
> my tree so that I can manage all the potential merge conflicts. There are
> several other changes to mioa701.c and I expect the content in
> arch/arm/mach-pxa/* to be heavily changed due to recent addition
> of pxa168/pxa910 support.
>
> The issue of dependency, as was always before, can be resolved by
> putting this into 'pending' and monitoring the status of merge window
> before sending the PULL request.
>
> Liam,
>
> Sounds OK to you?

Eric,

I think it probably better going through your PXA tree now (to avoid any
conflicts). I had originally thought this patch was part of a larger
series that mostly touched regulator.

Robert,

Could you resubmit to Eric. Mark or I will ack. Please remove the
max1586_v6_info until it has some consumers.

Thanks

Liam