KMS + fb + FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO

From: Peter Hanzel
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 04:32:24 EST

Hello.

I have tried DRM with intel KMS and it is workiing. I am using only framebuffer console.
Fbcon initializes 1280x800 mode and it works like a charm.

But when I try to call FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO on /dev/fb0, it always returns EINVAL,
I have checked drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_fb.c
and found that

intelfb_check_var returns -EINVAL if (var->pixclock == -1 || !var->pixclock)
intelfb_set_par returns -EINVAL if (var->pixclock != -1) { DRM_ERROR("PIXEL CLCOK SET\n"); return

So the FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO always fails.

So is the change of resolution not supported through FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO call?

Thanks.