Re: fs/cifs/connect.c fix missing in latest stable

From: Jeff Layton
Date: Mon Apr 27 2009 - 19:46:21 EST

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:11:21 -0700
Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Chris Frey (cdfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > The latest stable release 2.6.29.2 appears to be missing Jeff Layton's
> > fix in commit f083def68f84b04fe3f97312498911afce79609e (in Linus's tree).
> >
> > I'm not the expert... I just noticed that this was mentioned on
> > full-disclosure: http://marc.info/?l=full-disclosure&m=123936563230145&w=2
> > (near the end of Andreas's post)
>
> Yes, I think cifs developers are still doing cleanups in that area.
> Jeff?

Yes, we are but they're pretty close. Some have already gone in and
some are still outstanding. Suresh J. has done the bulk of the work,
but there are a few additional fixes for other areas too.

I've been traveling for the last week, and took today off. My plan is
to get with Steve French tomorrow and finalize a set of fixes for his
tree that he can push to mainline and stable.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>