Re: Class device namespaces

From: Michael E Brown
Date: Mon Apr 27 2009 - 09:21:11 EST

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 08:54:01AM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Kay,
>
> Sorry, completely overlooked your reply... Ah, now I remember, I was
> waiting for Michael to show up and comment on this. Michael, ping? As
> long as we don't know the exact requirements and constraints of the
> dell firmware tool, we're somewhat stuck.
>
> Matt, maybe you can help? Could you please point us to the source code
> of the dell firmware tool which relies on the dell_rbu driver?

Sorry about that. Skimmed the thread and looks like I missed out...

The problem is that there are two users: 1) libsmbios as Matt has
already mentioned, and 2) Dell OpenMange Server Administrator.
Specifically srvadmin-hapi has the code to use the dell_rbu code
(proprietary, no source available). The srvadmin-hapi code is embedded
into all Dell Update Packages (DUPs).

The problem being that any change to the paths breaks all released DUPs.
--
Michael